2/17/10

Happy Valentine's Week

I kind of short-changed Betsy's darling book the other day when I climbed on my soap box. So let me add a few more things. Betsy is one of the hardest working writers I know. I'm pretty sure she's a publisher's dream--meeting deadlines early, being flexible, able to come up with ideas for suggested projects fast and doing all her homework. Plus she's sweet, fun, loves pink, blogs reguarly and has a strong online presence. AND she's photogenic. :-)

I'm going to say that's all because I was once in a critique group with her. I'm a great influence. Unfortunately, you all know how bad at blogging I am, so I guess I can't take ALL the credit. :-)

Now, there was only one book left at Walmart the other day when I was there, so I've decided to make sure at least one of you has an opportunity to own an autographed copy of A Valentine's Wish. The rest of you can get it off amazon or something. :-)

So, to enter your name in the pot for a free book, leave a comment telling me one thing you love about your own personal hero. (a.k.a. husband or boyfriend or dream guy) :-)

Hope you had a fantastic Valentine's Day! (And if you didn't read about Betsy's book before, go back a couple posts and check it out!)

10 comments:

Catherine West said...

Do I get the book?!

Esther Forte said...

I hope this is where I put my name in the pot:)
One thing I love about my husband is when he changes the words to a serious song to something funny:) It is one of our favorite pastimes together:)

Tricia said...

One thing I love about my husband is his ability to work, go to school for his masters, and still take time to do special little "surprises" for me- ex. stop and buy flowers on the way home from work, write me a love note, etc.

Janette Y said...

What I love about my husband: He always kisses me good night; he sees what I need and does it without me asking; he surprises me at random moments with a quick waltz while cooking dinner, nighttime serenades on his guitar, spur-of-the-moment getaways...

oneybunchofoats and other fine things said...

The thing that I love most about my husband is that when I am at my wits end, he is there to pull me together and help me be able to accomplish what I need to get accomplished. This is sometimes crazy being a pastor's wife!

oneybunchofoats and other fine things said...

The one thing I love about my husband is his ability to help me out when I am at my wits end. He pulls me together to help me out to finish what I need to do. That can be a big task sometimes with being a pastor's wife!

Christiana said...

My husband is definitely my hero. I married him because he was the best man I knew, and he makes me want to be better too. He's hardworking, tenderhearted, strong, and full of faith. He's compassionate, open-minded, considerate, and completely supportive of myself and our three beautiful boys. He's my rock, my best friend, my knight-in-shining-armor. My love.

Anonymous said...

The thing I love about my husband is even after 30 plus years of marriage he loves to surprise me with little gifts and takes me on surprise outings.

Unknown said...

Wow! There are so many things I could write . . . it's truly hard to decide. Among so many other things, I love my husband's character. He is the most honorable person I know!

Bethany Fleming said...

One thing??? I love how each day he spends time with God and tries to be closer. That itself helps him to be a wonderful loving husband to me!