10/12/08

Saving Gabby

One of my favorite funny authors is Christy Barritt, with her Squeaky Clean series. Maybe it’s because I’m a house cleaner, so I can sort of relate to Gabby, the crime scene cleaner heroine. Two books in the trilogy have been published. (Check out the books link on my website for my review of Hazardous Duty.)

The third, not-yet-published story is a mystery involving a vegan, a freegan, the Going Green trend, and a whole lot of other fun stuff. Problem is, if Christy’s sales numbers don’t go up on the first two books, the third one might never see the light of day. And that would be a huge shame, not just because so many people will miss out on Christy’s delightful work, but Gabby’s story will be incomplete.

Gabby has three guys interested in her—two of which are too cool for me to choose a favorite. And…Gabby has to find Jesus. She’s been getting closer, but she needs this third one to bring her home. Yes, I probably get a little too involved in the characters, but if the last book in this series doesn’t get published, I’ll probably catch myself praying for Gabby's salvation for the rest of my life.

So please…save Gabby and save my sanity. Put Hazardous Duty and Suspicious Minds on your to-buy list! You can find her website at www.christybarritt.com, and her books on www.amazon.com.

1 comment:

Georgiana Daniels said...

I loved Suspicious Minds! When my 4-year-old saw the cover, she's like, "Hey, those look like grandpa's shoes!" I thought it was a super fun read.