7/30/09

THE BOOK!!!

I got a little something in the mail today: A nice box full of books. That's something that'll always make me happy, but these books happen to have my name on them. Yup. My author copies of Double Take arrived today. I brought the box inside and looked at it, set it down, looked at it some more. But my husband was in a meeting, so he couldn't come home to open them with me. So I checked my email. Gathered some things for errands. Then picked up the box, too, along with the camera. I was good--I waited until Jason could be there before I opened it; I was bad--I crashed his meeting to do it. :-)


His mom and dad were there, and his mom brought out her massive video camera to record the event. Then we went over to my parents' house and did the whole blinded-by-camera-flashes thing over again.
So I did get to open it with my husband. Even though he doesn't even read fiction, he's been amazingly supportive through all my writing stuff--sending me to conferences, allowing me to work only a few days a week even though we could use the money, and promising to actually read my stuff once it comes out in its final version in an actual book. So...he pulled one out a brand new copy of Double Take, looked at it and said, "Oh no. Now I have to read it..."

Okay, he didn't actually say the Oh, no part. But THAT'S when we'll really need the camera--when my husband picks up this romantic suspense novel and reads it from beginning to end. :-)

So...I have my books. Forty-eight copies, to be exact. A little over half of these will go to a list of friends and family members who have been very supportive with my writing--a list that was so hard to narrow down. The other books will go toward promotional giveaways online in October.

Thanks for sharing in the excitement! :-)

12 comments:

Allana Martian said...

I'm so excited for you!!! You look like a little girl on Christmas morning. Or her birthday. Or when she just opened a box of books with her name as the author on them! Congratulations!

I would like to read the book, too! lol!

Holly said...

Yay, yay, yay! So awesome! Happy for you!

Ava Pennington said...

Woo-hoo!!! It must feel amazing to hold a box of your "babies"!
Looking forward to your booksigning in October!

Kristi Shook said...

How exciting! I am looking forward to reading your book....but I want a signed copy! ;) I am very happy for you, Jeness!

Mary Ellen said...

That is soooo cool! Really excited for you, I wouldn't have been able to wait either - and I'm sure the people in the meeting couldn't have been any happier to have their meeting crashed considering who it was and what she had. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Gloria Snelling said...

How exciting! I am anxious to read your book. Congratulations on your accomplishments.

Aimee said...

that.is.so.cool.

Georgiana Daniels said...

Woohoo!! Exciting times ahead :-)

Marea P said...

Congratulations! I am looking forward to reading your "baby" when it comes out in October. Last week I saw an advertisement for your book which has me even more enticed. :)

Valorie Quesenberry said...

This is very cool! So happy for you, Jenness! Way to go, friend!

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

Congratulations!

Catherine West said...

I am so sorry I missed this momentous event!! I am sure I was busy yelling at a contractor or tripping over a box or something at the time, but you know I was there in spirit with you. :0) Looking at those pictures makes me so happy for you. I know I'm late posting this, but better late than never and you have to know I'm just busting with pride over here!! It's been a great few years being your crit buddy and friend even though we only get to see each other once a year...and not this year apparently, unless of course Jason is up for a trip to Bermuda!! Enjoy the conference and your books! YAY!