6/17/10

All About Blogging

I'm trying to do better with the blogging. I've been posting twice a week. My husband and I have another blog idea that I need to start working on. And I maybe be joining one or two other writing community blogs.

All this for a bad blogger. Scary, eh?

The blogging experts say if you want to be a good blogger, build your audience, you need to have a focus for your blog. Something the readers will come to expect when they open your blog. I'm not exactly the most focused person in the world, and you know, I think I'm okay with that. But it does make me wonder if there's anything YOU, my two faithful readers, would like for me to talk about, a subject you want me to address, whatever. Come on, folks, I wanna know.

If you blog, what helps you come up with topics? What are your favorite blogs to read? Give this bad blogger a little help. :-)

7 comments:

Lisa Jordan said...

I'm trying to become a better blogger too. The thought of blogging daily overwhelms me, so I'm going to focus on three days a week--Monday Musings, Wednesday Writing, Friday Family and Fun. On Mondays, I'll do a devotional of sorts, Wednesdays will be something writing-related, and Fridays will have something to do with my family. That gives me a little mix for my readers...all 22 of them. :)

You can do it, J. You have a unique voice that readers will want to hear!

Ava Pennington said...

You are a voracious reader - perhaps book reviews? Or something about the process of writing your novels?

Holly said...

I follow blogs for 4 reasons:
1- They're funny
2- They're inspiring (spiritually)
3- They're inspiring (projects, cooking, crafts & etc)
4- I really care about the person writing it
I follow yours because I feel obligated... JK, You hit 1,2, & 4 quite regularly. You're great with 3 too, you just don't tend to blog it.

jenness said...

I have THREE readers! Wow! lol.

Book reviews--yeah, I should do more of that. I just am leery of doing it unless I absolutely love the book. As an author and also a very picky reader, I'm not comfortable with posting negative reviews.

Lisa, I need to check out your blog. Adding you to my list now... :-) I haven't decided if having certain topics for certain days would help me or not. Have to think on that a little more...

Holly!! You posted something nice!!! People will know we're not actually enemies!!! lol

jenness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynthia A. Lovely said...

Alright, now you have four readers...
Stumbled upon your blog through another writing website. Please don't ask which one because I don't remember. I like your website and the black and white
theme - different.
Congrats on getting your novel published with
Steeple Hill!

jenness said...

Yay, Cynthia! Welcome. :-) Thanks for stopping in.