6/3/10

A Because-I-Don't-Feel-Like-Blogging-But-I-Will-Anyway Post

Since we're into the whole gardening thing now, and cilantro is the only edible thing at this point...I made salsa, of course. Lovely thing, homemade salsa. I ate it on chips and also in a burrito and in a taco and mixed in liberally with rice and beans. And I'm trying to make you hungry, because I'm going to give you the recipe, since I don't feel like thinking about this blog post. (But I'm still posting!!!) So here you go:

Mom’s Salsa

Ingredients:
4 chopped tomatoes
½ cup chopped onion
2 Tbs. sliced green onion
1 and 3/4 Tbs. jalepeno, seeded and minced
2 Tbs. chopped cilantro (or more to taste. Definitely more to taste. I think I ended up putting maybe 1/3 of a cup or so in there? I felt oh-so back-to-nature-ish. ha)
1 Tbs. lime juice (1 lime)
½ tsp. sea salt

Directions:
Combine and refrigerate before serving. (It's best to let it sit overnight so the flavors have time to combine.)

Enjoy! And hey, if I can keep a cilantro plant alive, you can, too. :-)

2 comments:

Holly said...

I've been wanting a good recipe; thanks! We're planning on making some later this summer. Hmm, maybe you can bring the cilantro!

Ava Pennington said...

Great recipe.
I'll share mine:

1. Drive to Publix.
2. Go to the Salsa aisle.
3. Pick whatever is on sale.
4. Go to the Chips aisle.
5. Pick whatever is on sale.
6. Pay for items.
7. Go home and enjoy!