6/24/10

Dream Writing Room

If I wasn't blessed (or cursed?) with a super-active imagination, I would have loved to pursue interior decorating. But now I just dream. :-) And right now, for fun, I'm looking at great rooms for writing. Here are a few I've found so far. I love all the cubbies and the organization.




And I love the reading chair and ottoman in the corner. That's a must. :-)
More coming. And watch out, fellow writers. I'm going to be tagging you to find out your dream writing rooms!
And for my FOUR (yes! I'm up to at least four!) readers, what rooms are you dreaming of? Pictures, please! :-) Leave links in the comments section--I'd love to see them.

4 comments:

Lisa Jordan said...

I love the top picture because everything is right there. I love the chair in the corner and colors in the bottom picture.

My writing room is a desk in our utility room about the size of a large closet...my bathroom is bigger than this space, but I call it my creativity nook because my writing space is shared with my scrapbooking/stamping space. When I'm a full-time writer, I'll have my dream room...or is that still dream about my room? :)

Catherine West said...

My study is my writing room - I have my desk, which is never organized or clean, with my computer on it. I had to give hubby the other side of the room with his desk or else I would definitely have put in a chair, but I have other places to sit and read, so it's okay. I painted it my favorite color, green. There is also a fireplace, gas, that I haven't used yet. I should probably figure that out this winter! I don't think it much matters where I write, as long as there is a place to plug in my laptop!

Cynthia A. Lovely said...

Jenness, I love the idea of the
"dream home office." My choice would
probably be the first one. Check out Ballard Designs catalog -
they have some great office setups. Also, Deb Raney has her office featured on her website. Of course, mine looks nothing like these but we'll all work towards the dream, right?!

Beth K. Vogt said...

I'm liking the second picture--but I'd change the furniture from white to something else . . . maybe a light wood color and then some fun color accents instead of the white and black theme they've got going. But I like the look that declares, "Organization & comfort!"