8/10/09

My Man Godfrey

I'm such a bad blogger, but I can almost always talk about the books or movies I love. So...in order to get myself to blog more regularly, I'm going to start doing a pick of the week: books, movies, blogs, cleaning supplies, whatever. :-) Hopefully this will also get my sister-in-law to stop harrassing me to send her a new reading list. (Just kidding, Holly.)

Anyway, I recently watched the 1936 version of My Man Godfrey, starring William Powell and Carole Lombard.

It's a wacky romantic comedy that's just good, clean fun. Here's a quick summary of the story: "A scatterbrained socialite hires a vagrant as a family butler...but there's more to Godfrey than meets the eye."
So, if you get a chance, watch it and tell me what you think. :-) Meanwhile, have a great week!

3 comments:

Dixie B said...

Good choice, Jenness, You can never go wrong with William Powell. I have quite a few of his movies in my library. Life With Father, The Thin Man, Mr. Roberts, How to Marry a Millionaire, and Love Crazy(I don't have the last one--but am looking for it) Our Christmas play a few years ago, "Christmas With Father" was based on "Life With Father". What fun! Dixie B

Travis said...

I LOVE that movie. I'm kind of a William Powell freak. I have all the Thin Man series, and another set of William Powell and Myrna Loy series. ha. Its just classic comedy that is not duplicated today. And its not perverse. I love it.

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

Where do you get the old black and white movies? I've searched our libraries out here and can't find them. I love the old classics and have been wanting to watch some lately.