8/21/09

My New Best Friend

Come to find out, I've been wrong about when the Steeple Hill book club members receive their books. Instead of getting Double Take one month ahead of my book hitting the shelves, it appears they get it a full TWO months in advance. So Wednesday I was surprised to find an email waiting for me from a reader. (Sign up for my newsletter if you want to know what she said. And if you want to know how to win a free book. Yes. It's called bribery.) It was a nice note and such a great encouragement. Someone other than my mom likes my book! :-)

Then I met my new best friend. lol. Her online name is Jessicue, and she read Double Take last night in one sitting, then reviewed it on a forum on my publisher's website. Here's what she said:

This is a new and first time author for me. I started reading it right after the Steeple Hill Chat Thursday night. My first thoughts were wow a book based on another book. The main Character Cole sees the book he is reading playout right in front of his eyes. WOW! The heroine in this book looks just like the girl on the cover of the book Cole is reading.Rather trippy I would say. The screenplay that was acted out in this book was unbelievably suspenseful. I loved the fact that I couldn't find the Villan. I give this book a 10!!!! Kenzie lived a complete nightmare in this book....
I can very easily say I can see this book turning into a movie. Yes that is right I said I could see this LIS book turning into a movie. This was an awesome read! If I didn't subscribe to LIS monthly* Jenness Walker would have just moved to my must buy author list.
Jessiecue


Thanks so much, Jessiecue. You made my week.

Now...I guess I should work on writing something other than a blog for people to read, eh? :-)

*This is the Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense book club, which automatically sends you all of the monthly releases from that line.

4 comments:

Tamela Hancock Murray said...

You've got one smart reader there -- one of many, I'm sure! Congratulations on a great review! Hugs, Tamela

Ava Pennington said...

Wooo-hooo!
A very astute reader...and I wholeheartedly agree with her!

Travis said...

I'm smiling reading the review. Good for you Jenness! You deserve it. I cannot wait to read it. :D

Sherry P Peak said...

Dear Jenness, Is it all that scary? o just suspenceful, like keeping one nearly falling off the seat or hiding under the bed?Sounds like a very encouraging review. Love, aunt Sherry